A newb story: Buying is done...time to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
is already sleeved, all the Antec 900 cables are except the fans. Same with the power cables on my OCZ PSU...no real sleeving needed at this point. The issue is just the tight cable trying to stretch across the mobo from the to of the case down to the bottom. didn't look hard but couldn't find an extender...looks easier to just buy a longer cable and replace the entire thing.

Anyways, another questions here after getting distracted by pga championship for a while...the AC 97 connector...is that audio? There is no mention of it in either my mobo manual or the Antec 900 manual.

[edit]I'll try and explain this a bit better...just not sure about hooking up the case audio. Case has two connectors AC97 and HD Audio, the mobo only has the front audio pin connection that I can see...which goes in there? where does the other connector go? The manual for the case doesn't mention either of these two connectors, instead going into detail about pin-out positions? and 7 different pins??? that being for non-intel standard audio connections? And lastly, do I worry about this at all if I have my old SB Audigy 5.1 PCI sound card I'm planning on installing?[/edit]

Ok, powered up for the first time....all the lights came on and the fans whirled...but nothing on the monitor, it still says no signal...any ideas?

- switched the video card to second PCI-e slot, no change
- reset CMOS, no change
- tried second monitor, no change

If you have something your first PCI Slot, move it to another slot or just take it out.

I had the same problem, and for some reason when I moved my wireless PCI card to the second PCI slot, it booted up just fine...

Anyways, try it and post back ^_^

only card in the comp is the video card....tried it in both PCI-e slots

going to go re-install it again and double check my jumpers....don't really know what else it could be....everything else seems to be whirling and lit up.

can't be a bad card can it????

Check which RAM slots you're using, make sure you're using the first slot and the third slot for dual sticks (Can't remember what it's called <_<)

Oh, and make sure you've got power connected to your video card.

Triple-check the connection to your monitor, and try using D-Sub if DVI doesn't work (vice versa if you're using D-Sub right now.)

- re-did all jumpers
- re-connected video card (connections are good)
- RAM: DIMMs 1 and 3 are in use (DIMM 1 is next to the CPU)
- Have re-connected the monitor a half dozen times

Still the same thing....

What's this DVI and D-sub of which you speak :p

Also of note, no error beeps, no sound at all from case..

Another thing...the evga has those two digital readouts, debug LED? what's that....

[edit]It took a little work to get the heat sink on the CPU, tight fit, could it be a problem with the paste? bad seal when I tried to install it?[edit]

Make sure the cables from the case weren't put on backwards.

DVI Is the white connector on the back of your video card, the blue one is D-Sub...

Or at least it is on mine.

DVI
D-Sub

:D

Also, this sounds exactly like the thing that happened to me. You don't have a wireless card or ANY PCI Cards (Not PCI-E.) at all? What about USB? Unplug USB for now.

you mean the case's power and reset cables?

I'm still a bit confused....I have only the DVI adapters that came with the evga 8800, there's no way that I see to switch to D-Sub.

Unplugged USB, nothing changed.

not sure if u did this but when i was puttin my comp together i took the 12v motherboard power next to the cpu (well is on intels ne way) and mine wouldnt start up on no sigal aswell. thought something wrong then realised took it out to put tuniq in.

sorry, don't really understand what you are saying...need it in layman's terms.

Everything is firing up, lights and fans but just get that "no signal" message on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom