A new laptop

Brucelee

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

My old Vaio SZ 440 is falling apart and I'm not too happy

I'm looking for a new laptop preferably a thin, light, and ultra-portable one
I want something that has A LOT of battery life, that is very durable as well as very small (11-13in screen) and has good wireless for on-the-go
I don't plan on using it for gaming, just basic stuff like word processing and listening to music

I like the Vaio TZ and the MacBook Air (I'm not a Mac hater)

So which one to choose or any other suggestions would be very helpful!

thanks

id go for the dell m1330
-great peformance(you can squeeze some gaming in)
-good size for your purposes
-get it with a 9 cell battery so probably over 5 hours

Vaio TZ sucks. As does the MacBook Air. As do all Dells. MacBook Air's battery life is bad, and its not even user replaceable. Plus it comes with the lowest end CPU, and a small upgrades costs an arm and a leg.

Go with a nice acer. This one is small, good, and cheap:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115398

If you do not care about money constraints, go with this baby:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115343

It has 1680x1050 rez and a blu-ray reader.

But it is big and heavy.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Both Dell XPS M1330 and Sony Vaio TZ are great choices, but if you're looking for a durable and reliable notebook - then look at the Lenovo ThinkPad X61.

Thinkpads are renown for their reliability and sturdiness among business users. If you don't mind using a trackpoint, then take a good look at the X61.

Lenovo makes very good stuff. Sure they're not for gaming and that sort of thing but their stuff is very durable. I also think HP is a good brand and I've had very good experiences with their products. Dell on the other hand isn't my favorite although my dell ran great once I took out all the dell stuff :) Supposedly they're getting better but I haven't bought a new dell so I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom