A little strange, please mods look:

Search Engines such as Google, Yahoo, ect. send out search bots to index the content of the pages so that when you search for content, it can be found and if its on say any of CF, it'll come up as a result.

At any given time, you can have a huge amount of search bots..

At the forums that I run, I recieve anywhere from 40-50 bots at times.

HRHunteRHR said:
If it is search bots, why is it grabbing 3 year old topics? PLease, let me know how that is working out. :)

Date doesn't matter. It's the content.

HRHunteRHR said:
If it is search bots, why is it grabbing 3 year old topics? PLease, let me know how that is working out. :)
As Badger said, the bots look for content.. it doesn't care so much about the date. Its really good though that its not built for that.. because could you imagine not getting results on Google for results older than 30 days?

That would cause some serious problems.. :p

But, there are so many forums out there, how does a google bot check all of them?

EDIT>
But you can filter out the guests between the bots. So.. the gusts hes looking at, cant be the bots. I dont know.. To tired. heading to bed, night

Does make it look good when you see how many the most users online ever was :p Even if most of those were bound to be guests and some were bots, nobody cares, because its a big number :D

They find time to search more than just forums :p And its not just Googlebot, would be any Bot. Probably Googlebot though, if its on the old content. Googlebot clears up content from wherever it sees just to have a bigger database :p After all, its main goal is to control the flow of content throughout the internet :D Why else would it offer to cache your pages on its server so that you can view them faster? Its not just because they think Jesus will like it.

Bädgêr™ said:
It's called search bots. If the Search Engine finds any topic related to the thread someone made, it will browse it. All those, I must say, at least 90% are all bots.
Yeah, bots mostly

Back
Top Bottom