A little dvd-rom q.

PerfectSK

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone just need some help. I was recently helping my friend with a dvd-rom problem. It wouldn't work right, so I told him to uninstall the driver from device manager. Turns out that, he didn't write the make and model of his drive, and Win XP didn't detect again to install the driver. The comp he has is the Compaq Presario S4200NX Desktop PC. I just need the make and model of his dvd-rom drive so I can direct him to the manufacturer's site, so he can get the new drivers. Thanks a lot!!

hmm this is gonna be hard to find, but i'll do my best to find it. btw isn't there like a sticker on the drive telling you the model and make? i pretty sure they do or i could be wrong because all of my hardware in my computer tells what model and make it is.

Yeah, its my friends computer. He's kind of a newbie when it comes to computers. And, on the sticker, it just says dvd-rom, cd-rom. Doesn't give the make and model. Should a program like everest tell him what the specs are of his dvd-rom? I'd recommend a program, I just don't know which one. Thanks again. You're one of the only people looking for me.

well everest only shows you the hardware that is installed on your computer. everest would only show unkown device or nothing at all.

Damn, what am I gonna do? He thinks I'm some kind of comp genius, lol. I don't want to render his dvd-rom useless.

well i just asked around on the HP forum, i doubt anyone will help but its a shot in the dark. at least it won't be some crappy customer service respone :p

Alrite thanks. My friend replaced his cd-rw, and put in his old cd-rom and he said everything is fixed. I'm not sure what he did, but thanks again.

alright well i'll keep looking around for it. but i thought you said that it was his DVD-ROM that you unistalled the drivers for not the CD-RW?

Back
Top Bottom