A Heart-Warming Message from the RIAA

rudster816 said:
they cant i bet 50%+ of the torrents and P2P downloads are located on servers in 3rd world countrys who dont inforce international copyright laws. whats the US and UK goverment going to do about the servers in other countrys :rolleyes:
ill admit i download music for free but why come after a kid who downloads a song a week. they shouldnt crack down on the downloaders but the uploaders. i NEVER upload.
true! without the uploaders there wouldnt even be illegal stuff to download, ie: no piracy. cracking down on people who download a few mp3's is just wasted time and money. ....i dont want them to crack down on anything though ;)

muz379 said:
its my wallet that tells me to keep downloading , i cant afford to pay for all the cd's that i have downloaded , and i will buy a cd's occasionally ,
same. nearly £10 for the latest cd's and half the tracks are crap. i think its also the convenience of sitting at home and downloading an album quicker than going to the shops

dude_se said:
true! without the uploaders there wouldnt even be illegal stuff to download, ie: no piracy. cracking down on people who download a few mp3's is just wasted time and money. ....i dont want them to crack down on anything though ;)

same. nearly £10 for the latest cd's and half the tracks are crap. i think its also the convenience of sitting at home and downloading an album quicker than going to the shops
i would usually download a few of the tracks of an album, not the whole album , also you are soving the environment , think of all the plastic thatwould be saved and paper in cd inserts :rolleyes:

muz379 said:
i would usually download a few of the tracks of an album, not the whole album , also you are soving the environment , think of all the plastic thatwould be saved and paper in cd inserts :rolleyes:

hahaha yeah i never thought of it like that.
i usually download individual songs but ive found some great albums lately.

muz379 said:
Haha, that's true! :D

well, those are good arguments but you can use itunes, or some thing on walmarts website, or the zune player music store, to download single songs for $.99, but i'm still voting for not shutting down P2P's lol

hascet said:
well, those are good arguments but you can use itunes, or some thing on walmarts website, or the zune player music store, to download single songs for $.99, but i'm still voting for not shutting down P2P's lol
only thing with i tunes is it will only play on 5 diff computers , and you can only put it on your i pod and you can probably only put zune store music on your zune

muz379 said:
only thing with i tunes is it will only play on 5 diff computers , and you can only put it on your i pod and you can probably only put zune store music on your zune
really, never knew that, that kinda sucks, well atleast with p2p, you can play however many times you want on any computer lol

If you can actually name ONE person who lost their job due to pirating I'll stop. Until these, "thousands and thousands" of peopel who apparently lost their jobs due to pirating are actually named, then I'll take that as one BS statistic.

So, if you can NAME just ONE person who lost their job due to pirating, then sure, maybe I'll stop...

EDIT: To counter the lost jobs to pirating. Pirating has got millions of people jobs, P2P companies need workers...so in the end, it balances out. So why complain? Oh, and their checks get taxed too.

Hell, piracy literally built Romania. :rolleyes: Becides, artists hardly make money from album sales anyways, it's the publishers and record labels that make the big bucks.

Back
Top Bottom