"A Disk Read Error Occured"

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatliner684

Solid State Member
My friend tried installing my Creative Zen Touch onto his computer. We did'nt have the disk so we downloaded and used a driver from the creative website. It asked us to plug the device in to continue so we did, and once it had finised, we restarted the computer with the device still plugged in. Then, the computer froze, with no other option to cold boot.

Now when the computer boots up it gets so far and comes up with:

"A disk read error occured

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del

to restart"

We've tried booting from the recovery disc but with no avail, it comes up sayig

"Boot from ATAPI
No Emulation
Press any key to boot from CD..."

once we press a key it comes up with

"setup is inspecting tour system configuration.."

and then the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Ive searched the internet and found nothing that can really help regarding the situation, does any when have any ideas of what I should be looking for? you might of guessed im not a computer expert so im a bit out of my league, but any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Just to verify you don't have a CD in the drive right?

Also try pressing F8 on start up and use
"Last Known Good Configuration" to see if you can
get in.

Also if the USB device is still plugged in unplug it and
try to start the computer again.

Good Luck.

no CD in the drive (apart from when he tries to boot from CD, and it comes up with "no emulation".

The device is unplugged.

I will try the "Last Kown Good Configuration" asap.

just a few sub questions, what does it mean by "No Emualtion", any ideas. At first we thought it may be an error with the CD, but after trying xanother boot up disc, we still get the same error. Also reading in other places, it seems be descride as a setting.

Also, could it be that it thinks that the USB device is another harddrive, all something along those lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom