A computer logic bomb [possible]?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Just watching the science channel, and its about this war 2020.

Anyways, what im trying to get too, is that they were talking about someone finding this one like.. I forget the word they used. But its like a post, or a server. And they dropped a virus into it, and in a few days, it literally spread through out the internet. And they were talking about how it would cause pandemonium because banks would zero out, no more emails, faxes, etc.

Now, im sitting here thinking, thats impossible. I mean there is so much out there to block this kinda crap. I mean we have firewalls up the <you know what> and there is just too many things that the virus would have to go through to get to the targets. I mean its just like a real life virus. It cant destroy its host, because then it has no where to go and dies with it.

If this virus is so powerfull, how can any computer stand up to it? If it can penetrait the highest securities of the government, and banks, all home users arond the planet, whats to say that it wont destroy the computer thats its trying to host of. Im aware that there may be something that could be made that blocks the holes that it is supposed to exxecute its self through. But with that said, wouldnt the government or the works greatest banks be aware of just about everything?

Then again thinking, how can one server be connected to everything in the world. Assuming it is a dirty employee or something, and they are on the inside, it still doesnt really matter, because its only connect to so much. But, you could argue that the virus would just 'keep going' because technicly everything is connected to anything. But as soon as the virus was found, there would be an immediate patch, right?

Lol, I really odnt know what im talking about, just rambling. But seriously, you guys think a 'super virus' is possible?

Well, Most of the time when people make viruses they make them where they can be contained. I did a test one time where I took one computer with a firewall, another computer to attack it with, and made my program just turn everything to a different pattern of ons and offs, put them on a contained network, even with the firewall that i was told would protect that computer, everything on that computer ended up being deleted. even the firewall

In other words.. It is possible, Simply put.. Delete your barrier before you delete your target. I mean think about it, you delete the protections.. nothing stops you from deleting the target

But in this case, the target is so vauge. I mean, 'everyone' thats hardly a target'.

sadly, in terms of computers, everyone is a target...

and it doesn't spread in days it spreads in minutes.
(I mentioned a few days ago) that the SQL slammer virus in 2001 took ten minutes to circulate from release, it infected unpatche open MSSQL systems, and generated so much traffic that the internet as a whole slowed down, (to a non responsive stop in some places).

if you can do that by targetting one database platform imagine what you could do if you wrote a series of small virusses that would have a simillar effect, (infect/replicate/transmit randomly), each virus trying different exploits until one was found,

it'd be the binary equivelant of the hiv, (i.e attack weaken replicated kill).

all I can say is thank god for linux live CD's, since they are recorded, there is no way that I could be without a computer to at least dow *some* things.

besides, if anyone wanted to wipe out vivilised technology they'd just use an EMP pulse, since that'd pretty much guarentee to bugger up any computer (and all other associated hardware) that it was close enough to!

but thank god we'll still have bean cans and string!

I came up with idea to make a virus that would calacute PIE till it hit 0 as any highschool student knows thats impossible because well even supercomputers can't do it. SO imagine this a virus that has no barrier to stop gets on your PC and begins to calacture PIE. Well soon enough it will store it results overloading your HD, itw ill max out your entire PC making it 100% unresponive and it'll keep this process of maxing out HD, and CPU, possibly ram until one, HD space either runs out or CPU fries because of overload.

But then again most poeple make a virus with a backdoor so they can turn it off if it backfires. Its one of the many reasons the military doesn't use a telsa coil as a weopon. When it first came out the military was interseted in the idea of being able to zap a entire army with a telsa coil. Thing it was to unpredictable could fire back on itself or hit the men around it or just generally kill everything.

Military also exeterminted with nuclear nades, thing is they couldn't make the ammount small enough where the solider could throw it far enough so when they tested it, it backfired.

YOu'd be an idiot to take down the entire internet, because it'd affect you too. Now granted someone may not be able to take that forsight, but anyone with the proper knowledge to make such a powerful virus would.

Back
Top Bottom