A challenge to all programmers. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitlesPending

Beta member
Help me restore my art!

Okay, "art" may be a rather intense word for it, but I love designing levels for video games with level editors. I will spend months at a time on each one.

My most recent creation, a large and intense map for the program, Heroes of Might and Magic V, has been corrupted. The design engine froze while I was working on the map, and when are hard rebooted the computer, the file was listed as corrupt.

The data is still there, as the file is still the same size (300 kb).

I figured I would ask the programmers, since this problem seems outside of the realm of hardware or freeware fixes... is there anyone who thinks they can restore the corrupted data?

PM me and I'll send you the file, and any other information you request.

This really would mean a lot to me... I spend a lot of time working on this file, just to have it suddenly turn unusable.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Unfortunately without previous knowledge of the games code it would be impossible to tell how it became corrupted in the first place. A hex editor is a useful tool but can only do so much.

I would suggest contacting the developer and see if there's anything that can be done. The only people who would know anything about the files would be their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom