A+ Certs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoZZ, the fact he showed me the test simulator that had the exact questions from the test and showed me the Web site, I believe he cheated. Besides, I can say what I want about Microsoft. They make some good stuff but not always just like any company. As far as childish idiots, met the people I attend school with and you'll agree. Lastest complaint is the fact I don't own a router and get snobby over it.

I.T. isn't for me so I'm going back to psych since it's picking up and has no certification requirments for every little thing.

Not everyone has to own a router, geez. Ppl need to wake up and realize that others are on a tight budget. Besides, why would someone with only one pc need a router?

stormy78, some people have no lives outside of computers. They need to do what the majority here do, leave the house once in awhile.

I'm a little slow on this one. What is A+ Certs? If that's a simple question with a simple answer, I give you all permission to laugh at me.:)

Originally posted by Quantum
DoZZ, the fact he showed me the test simulator that had the exact questions from the test and showed me the Web site, I believe he cheated. Besides, I can say what I want about Microsoft. They make some good stuff but not always just like any company. As far as childish idiots, met the people I attend school with and you'll agree. Lastest complaint is the fact I don't own a router and get snobby over it.

I.T. isn't for me so I'm going back to psych since it's picking up and has no certification requirments for every little thing.
Using test simulators doesn't mean that you cheat. The Transcender is, in fact, a type of test simulator. As for the other things, I have an opinion, but it is my own.

Yeah, a Doctorate should suffice, and we all know that that is much easier to obtain. ;)

Originally posted by stormy78
Not everyone has to own a router, geez. Ppl need to wake up and realize that others are on a tight budget. Besides, why would someone with only one pc need a router?
Most good routers have a built in firewall, which is better in most cases, than a software firewall like zonealarm. And as far as a budget, if you want something, get a job and save up for it. Don't wine and cry about not having it. Not that hard.

Originally posted by mac_mogul
I'm a little slow on this one. What is A+ Certs? If that's a simple question with a simple answer, I give you all permission to laugh at me.
A+ is a certification by CompTIA, for computer Hardware and Software. Most people think that it's worthless now, but to each their own. You can find out more about it from CompTIA.

Just remeber to keep this thread civil. This is a discussion forum, if the flaming starts, this thread will be closed.

I never whined and cried about it. LOL I have no use for one IMO.

Anyway back to the subject, Transcender's helped me out a lot as well as CramSessions. I think the link was posted earlier. Not sure, half asleep.

People, this arguement is from people that are at the same school. It's like this all the time. So far, this is the most civil we have been. Wonder why I don't like I.T.?

Guy, I don't want a router even if I had the money. I have a reason why I can't have a job right now (medical). Be nice if your clique wasn't snobby over owning routers while the rest of us understand that computers are tools and not a lifestyle. The only one flaming here is you, Guy. doZZ as well. Not al of us illegally download software and need that much security.

Its true the job market is tough right now, but I have to agree with GUY, if you want something bad enough get a job and don't wine and cry or point fingers for that fact on the other subject.

I have to ask Quantum one thing, please explain why you are in MCSE spending the money for these classes and at the same time bashing microsoft and put them down, if your this miserable with your classmates what do you expect to find in the real world? I think the psych field suites you better but not working as one, just see one please..

As for your accusations I would be careful, if you do stay in the IT field and your name gets out with a reputation like that someone can ruin you in a minutes notice and no employer will hire you. I take it you've heard of networking? IT industry is a close nitted field and some people know alot of contacts and all they have to do is call a friend to find out what they can about you before your hired and a headhunter will know you better then you know yourself.

Employers do have a probationary period and if you don't prove yourself in that time to know what you are doing then they can terminate you without reason anytime in that probationary period so whats the use of cheating to start with? It gets you nowhere.

Quantum said:
People, this arguement is from people that are at the same school. It's like this all the time. So far, this is the most civil we have been. Wonder why I don't like I.T.?

Guy, I don't want a router even if I had the money. I have a reason why I can't have a job right now (medical). Be nice if your clique wasn't snobby over owning routers while the rest of us understand that computers are tools and not a lifestyle. The only one flaming here is you, Guy. doZZ as well. Not al of us illegally download software and need that much security.

- Who cares if you do or don't want a router? I was in Florida on vacation for the past week and don't know what's happening at school. So as far as people complaining about you not having a router, I could care less.
- Also, if by my "snobby clique" you mean, friends of mine that don't moan and wine or blame Microsoft for failing the cert exam, and actually having to study and listen in class, then yes... we are a "snobby clique".
- I am curious, who do you mean by "the rest of us"? Because most of the people that are on this forum use their computers in their jobs or everyday lifes, which make computers kind of a lifestyle, because we use computers to maintain our way of life and make a living.
- Flaming means to make a personal attack on another person. I have not done this to anyone. So I would like to know how I "flamed" anyone considering I was the one that said not to turn this into a flame-fest?
- Illegal downloading has nothing to do with a firewall or anything that is in this thread. In your last statement you said, "Not al of us illegally download software and need that much security." That would imply that you only need a router for security reasons, which is not true. I use my router for sharing an internet connection with the other computers in my house. We call that a home-network, for those of you paying attention. Yes, my router does provide security to an extent, by if I was foolish enough to believe that ONLY a router was needed to provide good security, well, that would just be bad judgement on my part.

I am not flaming you, only responding. I will say once again, if this thread can not be kept civil, it will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom