A+ certifcation

TyLawrence

Baseband Member
I plan on taking the 701 &702 tests on dec 18th, I have been studying for a while know I just want to know if anyone else has taken these tests, and if you could give me some advise. Thank you

Good advice is to always take the quizes. Most books (I haven't messed with A+) provide quick end of the chapter quizes and summaries. ALWAYS use those.

GL with the test.

Yes, make sure you take the quizzes. Also try not to get too nervous. I failed the first time I tried. Well, I failed the software part but past the hardware part very easily. This was while I was still in college and had only been interested in computers for about 1.5 years...

Make sure you know ALL the ways to do things in Windows. I'm guessing they have Vista on the test now... They had 98 on it when I took it and I didn't know a dang thing about 98. I think I failed by like 2 or 3 questions. (It's a points based test but I think the amount of points I failed by were equal to 2 or 3 questions, roughly). I passed it the next time I took it relatively easily.

Good luck.

The Comptia A+ guide has an excellent program that comes with it. Yes Vista is on the test, and be lucky I took it when they were supposedly fading out windows 3.1 so of course I didn't study for windows 3.1 lol

No, i don't think they are. I don't remember but i seem to think there were some short answer ones.

I'm no guru but people can generally come to me with problems regarding their computers. I just went here - http://www.proprofs.com/certification/comptia/a-plus/exams/index.shtml - and had a quite humbling experience. I failed the "Core (hardware) Exam" with a 35 out of the total. I am not to disheartened though. I could give a hair less about printers and old slots and pin configurations that no one uses anymore. A person comes to me with some of the problems regarding some of this stuff and they know they're going to have to get new stuff, they just want data off old drives.

Back
Top Bottom