A business proposition ( Don't delete this mods - it isnt spam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
Over the last few weeks while shopping for my new computer I've noticed how much the difference in price there is between computer hardware here in the UK and with you guys in the USA. So anyway... what im thinking is that there has to be some money to be made from buying in USA and selling in the UK

I've been looking into importing items from sites like Newegg.com but they don't ship to the UK. This is where you guys come in - if the items could be purchased from Newegg.com and shipped to you and then fowarded to me I could sell them and split the profits.

Here are some examples of the difference in price:
In the US:
Newegg.com - XFX PVT98UZHF9 GeForce 9800 GX2 1GB (512MB per GPU) 512-bit (256-bit per GPU) GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail -$589.99
In the UK:
XFX 9800 GX2 Dual GPU 1GB DDR3 Dual DVI PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer
-$770.78

Thats a huge difference of almost $200 subtract $20 for shipping to UK + $5 ebay/paypal fees and we're still looking at $175 profit. Do this 10 times and we've made nearly $2000 pure profit.

Another example:
In the US:
Newegg.com - ViewSonic VX2835WM 28" Piano Black 3ms(GTG) Widescreen FULL HD 1080p HDMI LCD Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Stereo Speakers - Retail
-$647
In the UK:
ViewSonic VX2835wm 28" TFT Widescreen 1920x1200 800:1 500cd/m2 3ms HDMI/VGA Speakers Gloss Black 3 Years Warranty - Ebuyer
-$816

Mods - if you want to delete this just say.

If anyones interested contact me on simplyeasytrade@gmail.com , PM me or post here.

Thanks a lot

lol, love the warning.

I've always had this idea, except it is to help out our Canadian TF users. Like if they find a good deal on Newegg, they can get it shipped to a respected TF member and the member will forward it to Canada for a fee.

Not to be "that" guy...but the fees from ebay are goign to be a lot more than 5 dollars. Insertion fee + roughly 10% final fee is going to eat up profit REAL fast. Not to mention the amount of scammers there are on ebay these days.

you could do paypal though, its
$0.00 USD-$3,000.00 USD 2.9% + $0.30 USD
$3,000.01 USD-$10,000.00 USD 2.5% + $0.30 USD
$10,000.01 USD-$100,000.00 USD 2.2% + $0.30 USD
> $100,000.00 USD 1.9% + $0.30 USD

if im payed for the newegg part and shipping to uk and all of that ahead of time (that includes fees!) i wouldent mind doing it. Ive had some done deals on these forums so i have some people that can vouch for me

Unfortunately this won't work....

.... after moving money around, paying shipping, paying VAT, paying ebay fees, paying paypal fees...you are left with little if any profit.

However, I wouldn't mind someone getting me one of these crazy deals off newegg and sending it to me, and me paying them via paypal. :)

A couple times I was about to PM a few of you on here but ended up finding a deal here instead.

if your using non CC paypal then it shouldnt be a problem you would just have to pay for shipping

this is also assuming you dont use ebay and just use computer forums, but i always suggest never using that POS they call a site

VAT - You don't have to pay import duty in the UK if the item is marked as a gift... which i guess it would be...;)

as for ebay fees...
here is an example :
Sell the 9800Gx2 for £389

According to qicture Mobile for eBay total profit would be :
£63 - $120

- the shipping to the Uk = About £50

So you're looking at about £50 total profit split between 2 people = £25 each/$50 each
On ebay.

If selling of ebay we would be looking at :
$150 profit

wait why do you guys keep mentioning ebay?? if you know the guy from the forums, just do a paypal payment. its way cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom