A bit confused can anybody help?

Lee_M

Beta member
Im new on here and i was wondering if somebody could help me out with a problem im having. I just recently bought guitar hero 3 for my girlfriend for her pc. She is running vista. Now, I installed the game and then had to uninstall it. So when it came time to install it again it wouldnt let me. It still had the installer program on the computer and when i went to remove it from the computer it would get about 3/4 done and it would just go away and not take it off. It was saying it couldnt gather the right information for the program to be removed. Ive ran CCleaner with the registry and it still didnt work. So can anybody help me and tell me how i can take it off?! Thanks.

This can be a pain in the arse sometimes when installers go wrong. Your best bet is to go into safe mode (tap F8 before Windows boots) to enter it, and try and uninstall it there.

This can be a pain in the arse sometimes when installers go wrong. Your best bet is to go into safe mode (tap F8 before Windows boots) to enter it, and try and uninstall it there.

hmmmm....do you think that might work? Guess it doesnt hurt to try!

Try deleting all of the files manually.

well thats what i did....i did a search and looked for all the files pertaining to the game and there all gone....I even had guitar hero aerosmith on there and took that off to just to see what would happen but nothing did. But the wizard installer is the only thing to GH3 that will not go away!

Back
Top Bottom