A bass amp and a pedal

Are those old tubes hard to find on Ebay? I would buy a couple of them just to have in case your other one goes out on you.

Are they expensive?

Depends. You can get new old stock ($$$) to used old stock ($). General brands like Westinghouse and Sylvania are rebranded RCAs, RAYTHEONs, TUNG-SOLs etc.

Then there are Black Plates, Gray Plates, Short, Long etc. Enough to make your head swim. Then types and gain factors to add to the confusions.

I have the RCA Black Plate in my Vox amp but it has the gain factor of 70% of the 12ax7 so I have a couple of vintage 12ax7 tube on the list. I'm still looking around. I usually get my tubes at TC Tubes but I found a site called Viva Tubes which has better prices.

NOS NIB RAYTHEON JAPAN 12AX7A SHORT GRAY PLATE TOP SMALL O GET VACUUM TUBE 100+%

And

STRONG VINTAGE MULLARD BRITAIN 12AX7A ECC83 VACUUM TUBE ROUNDED PLATES LOW NOISE (branded as RCA)

Last edited:
I don't think it's gonna matter anymore. I can't play anymore. I tried but my hands' too arthritic. Sucks.

I put the ads out on everything.

Aw Celery, i'm sorry you have arthritus my friend.

Well I can tell you one thing, at least you can play an instrument.

The only good thing i'm good at is computers. :D

I played some today and I think I got my fingers to loosen up but remembering what I played before?

Well, that another book to write. :ermm:

I guess I'll just learn new stuff.

I think it'll get better when I get my injections in my neck. I'm due and my appt is next month so it'll be a while.

Things ain't selling anyway. I had my MFX pedal and my small amp on CL for weeks and no bite. Got a bass amp I could sell but I like it and the resale value is too low.

I'm not selling my Fender Rumble 25 amp for $50. Too good an amp and they don't sell 'em anymore.

Well , keep at it...you'll eventually pick up some new stuff.

Also if you really wanted to get rid of some stuff you could always take it to you're local pawn shop.

lol You don't buy music gear as an investment hoping it will go up in value. The only value it has is the money you make from using it, not selling it.

Back
Top Bottom