8800gts ~ $80

MSI 8800GTS

I can't seem to pick up why this card is so cheap while the XFX version is so expensive. Does this have to do with the HDCP? Gigathread feature? Does that cause a $200 difference in the price tag? Back to the original topic that I never go to: Will this 8800GTS show a good performance jump from my 8600GT? Is it a steal? If this is a really good deal I'll pick it up and sell my 8600GT, but otherwise I'll just keep it; it's been performing very well.

Yeah it will make a pretty good difference... The 8600gt is a little worse then my old 7900gs that ran crysis on medium. My new 8800gts 512mb runs crysis on Extra High or w/e it is fairly well. So that's a pretty huge differerence in power, but the 8800gts 320mb is not quite as strong as the 512mb version... But it will make a decent difference.

i think the 8800GT will beat the 320mb of the 8800GTS. Mainly because of the cores in them.

But im pretty sure theres a performance jump between you 8600GT. I would only get the card if you are into gaming, if not then stick with you 8600GT.

Note that that XFX one is out of stock, and they probably won't be getting any more stock. It's an outdated product, replaced with the G92 core, which is why they just want to get rid of them for cheap.

Note that that XFX one is out of stock, and they probably won't be getting any more stock. It's an outdated product, replaced with the G92 core, which is why they just want to get rid of them for cheap.

That's what I was thinking. I wanted to double check. I knew I was a catch, but I couldn't find it. It was after I posted this thread that I thought about the G92 core. Look's like I won't get it.

if it was me, i wouldnt go more than $100. i just dont think the 8800GT is worth that much anymore.

Ah I remember when I got mine for like 280 new when they jsut came out lol.

Back
Top Bottom