8800 GTS and GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmNurse10

Baseband Member
I saw this 8800 GTS for $300, which seems like a great price for a GTS with 320MB DDR3 and Dual 400 MHz RAMDAC and a factory core clock of 650 MHz

XFX GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card - Fatal1ty Edition, FREE Lost Planet: Extreme Condition PC Game, 320MB DDR3, PCI Express, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card PVT80GG1D4 at TigerDirect.com

Now I know that the 8800 GT is coming out. I have seen some benchmarks and they look good – definitively the 8800 GT seems faster then the GTS.

The question is in the details. I can pick up the Fatal1ly GTS for $300, my questions is – does anyone think that a $300 8800 GTS will be faster then a $300 8800 GT?

What kind of overclocks do you think the 8800 GT will get?

I need a card now, but I could wait a little while, but I am thinking that for the price point, I might not get that much more performance.

What do you think?

well we're not exactly sure of the accuracy of those benchmarks.. but that fatal1ty sometimes matches in strength of a 8800gtx.... but wait and see, i mean you can wait 5 more days..

The 8800GT blows the GTS out of the water performance wise, nevermind the fact it runs cooler, uses less power, will OC more, and is cheaper.

WAIT until Monday.

I find it hard to believe that any GTS is going to rival a GTX reguardless of how overclocked it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom