8600GTS or x1950PRO?

Marshillboy

In Runtime
OK, I am seriously torn and confused. I have read up on SO MANY 8600GTS vs Radeon X1950pro I swear I'm back to exactly where I'm started. From what I can gather, it seems that the x1950pro outperforms the 8600gts in dx9, but it doesn't support dx10, but it seems that the 8600gts can't run dx10 well anyways. I'm doing a new budget build and all I have left to pick out is the video card, and so far I'm really confused about which one to get. Any help here?

i would get the 8600GTS, it will be cheaper in the long run bcause it will last longer because you wont have to upgrade to DX10, the 8600GTS is still a very good card

What people don't understrand is that you can't compare a HIGH-END card with a MID-RANGE card. I'd get the 8600GTS, because it has DX10 support now.

8600 is better, long run, full dx10 capabilities compared to software capabilities only.

i dont know ATI so 8600GTS...i want one...thats next on my list..just spent $400 on my new cpu...time to upgrade graphics card!!! (a bit outta date check sig lol) i dont really need a fantastic card now that im playing cs 1.6 again but i could still use a new one if i switch back to playing source games and such

personally I think DX10 outweighs the small peformance difference between the X1950Pro and 8600GTS. Their about the same in benchmarks, and the price is about the same as well.

i dont know ATI so 8600GTS...i want one...thats next on my list..just spent $400 on my new cpu...time to upgrade graphics card!!! (a bit outta date check sig lol) i dont really need a fantastic card now that im playing cs 1.6 again but i could still use a new one if i switch back to playing source games and such
Wow 400 for a 6000+?? You got jippppped.

Cornholio, go demand for a refund, you got ripped off horribly. They go for $159 on Newegg.

Back
Top Bottom