80s fancy dress

Sheepykins

Daemon Poster
Hey :p
very off topic.

Im looking for ideas for 80s fancy dress, a coworkers party is on the 25th and im still undecided.
Im crap at making them, so im trying to buy but the things i want you either cant buy or its an obscure reference noone would get.

And as you know, if your costume takes any explaining - it doesnt work.

So really im looking for some ideas, any iconic 80s themes you guys can think off?

trying to steer away from mainstream crap like mutant turtles etc.

Really want a prince vultan costume from Flash :p wont happen though it seems.

Member's Only jackets, Panama Jack shirts, Izod polos, Levi's, Docksides shoes, feathered hair, Plain white Nikes, Dockers, Hush Puppies loafers, "rags" both as an overshirt and jeans, white T-shirt with an evening jacket over it. Letterman jackets were also big, as was wearing several layers such as two or three polos of different colors so that the collars were all visible.

The Urban Cowboy look happened around then, too, so you could go with a denim vest and no shirt or a whit T-shirt, jeans, and cowboy boots.

Or you could go Punk and do the spiked hair, lots of leather, chains, and wild colors.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? What are you, eleven? No highschooler wore anything with TMNT on it in the 80's. I nkow because I lived through them as a highschooler. ;)

if i could get some of the guys from work to do it, ghostbusters!

the fat guy in the office could easily be the stay puft marshmellow man.

- there is no sheepy, there is only zuul

Back
Top Bottom