7900 GT volt mod Sucsess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
I volt modded my GT stock clocked 550/790

as we all know the stock voltage on the GT is 1.2

for those that dont know, the 7900 GT is basically a underclocked/volted 7900 GTX with half the ram.

7900 GTX's are stock cloked at 1.4

I volt modded my GT to 1.4, so I can call it a GTX. Kinda.

I was able to push the core all the way up to 680 no problems.

Memory is WAY up to.

Cant wait to bench this thing....:D I might even go to 1.5 for a 700 core...:)

I used a conductive pen wich I will be lending to my fellow freind PZEROFGH :D

woot8lh.jpg

Il work on getting a bigger pic sorry guys

same.

WTK, on your 7900 gt, when running intensive 3D applications, did you hear a high pitched Whine almost coming from the card?

alot of people hear this but Im not sure what the cuase is.

no becuase your voltage is at 1.5

Get a vf900 and slap it on, and your looking at 700+ Core clocks.

:D

So in general, you should be able to OC the **** out of that.

no its not dangerous unless you make it to like 1.7 voltage, and yes its reverseable as in you can take it off and such...

So basically you dont have to anything except buy a new heatsink...

Pretty Much....

Except when OCing that, Watch the IC's on the back.

They get HOT

So I stuck some ram sinks on them, but even that isnt doing the trick..

But I heard a BIOS update can fix it ... Il have to look into some more.

Be forewarned that a 7900GT is a 7900GT for a reason and I've already heard bits and pieces of those evga KO Superclocked cards malfuctioning. Not to say yours will, but if it's a 7900GT it's most likely that way because either the PCB or the core itself does not like vcore like the 7900GTX PCB/core. For example, 6800GTs could be flashed to Ultras which involved a slight change in the vcore, however they had a habit of dying after a few months. That said, this is a hardware modification and not a softmod so it may be a bit different

That said, if what you said is true and the 7900GT and 7900GTX are infact the same PCB you might be able to avoid voiding your warranty and possibly damaging your card by trying to softmod your vcore first. It's basically a 50/50 chance, but if the PCBs are the same in theory they should be able to support the same voltage settings and you should be able to simply edit the BIOS to increase the voltage. To test if it works, simply try overclocking your core again and see if it goes further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom