77gigs when only 40?

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
Ok, my C drive had about 55 gigs on it. Something went wrong with my internet explorer and it got too bad for me to fix so i had to reinstall windows with my recovery CD. Anyways, it works now and i had to update and delete and fix some stuff to make everything good. Ok, when i went to check how much space was on my C drive, it said 104 gigs. I was like WTF?! I checked to c what was the biggest folders, and it was my Documents and Settings. It took 77 gigs which was odd. B4 i did the recovery, it was only about 35because i put my music and my backed up DVD's on my desktop folders. I went into my documents and settings. i checked the folders, All users and Owner. I check all users and it took 82 megs. I checked owner, and it said 37 gigs. That 37 gigs seemed normal. But thats only 37 gigs and 82 megs. Why, when i right click documents and settings in general, y does it say 77 gigs when its onyl 37 gigs and 82 megs? WTF?!? someone help me please. I ony had like 1 gig of space on my HD.

well, i cant go witht the flow. I need help. Does anyone no what to do? i dont want to have only 1 gig free of space when i now i am suppose to have atleat 40. I dont want to remformat and delete everything.

If I understand you, It says 77Gb are used up and it should only be 40Gb.

Look for duplications of files. Sometimes they are put in new folders, and sometimes the same folders, when windows is reinstalled. Check to make sure your user profile or owner profile wasn't replicated. This has happened to me and I just had two profiles with the same info. Thus, doubling the the space used up.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom