7750 Quick cpu cooler suggestion

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
I cant keep this chip cool with the stock cooler Current Settings: 1.4375vcore 15x 3010ghz. i get 36C idle temp, 64C prime95 6 hour avg load temp. Would this work: XIGMATEK Dark Knight

Whats the temp difference that i should expect to see?

Thanks guys

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
lol if your going to be ocing more than sure get the dark knight but if not dont bother, 64c at 100% load in 6 hours is not a high temp. You wont be using your cpu at 100% contstantly anyways

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
ah shit that aint high? my cpu keeps failing at 3.2ghz after 10 minutes of prime95 (66C load) no matter what i do with the vcore, i thought it was a heat problem so i went back down

i thought 64C was high for an amd chip?

Holysky

Fully Optimized
yea i would get another HS

think about the dark knight or the sunbeam core contact. Pick up some mx-2 or tx-2 also

what HS you using now?

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
ah shit that aint high? my cpu keeps failing at 3.2ghz after 10 minutes of prime95 (66C load) no matter what i do with the vcore, i thought it was a heat problem so i went back down

i thought 64C was high for an amd chip?

im not sure but never really heard anyone with a problem like that, could be your board or the cpu is just not stable at those settings ?

Fully Optimized
Maybe it could be unstable but it's supposed a really good overclocker. I don't get why keeps failing.
But I think 64 degrees is a tad high. I would switch the Cooler with something like the Dark Night.

Cabbs

Golden Master
It could be unstable because his particular chip may not overclock well. All CPU's overclock differently.

Anyway, I'd put a new cooler on it if it were me.

Fully Optimized
It could be unstable because his particular chip may not overclock well. All CPU's overclock differently.

Anyway, I'd put a new cooler on it if it were me.

True. May be slightly different.

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
hmm my cpu on a stock cooler gets up to 74C at stock clocks when playing a game and its perfectly stable, of course 70C is a bit high but low 60's arnt.