7600GT Temps?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I recently purchased an Inno3D 7600GT gfx card (256mb) (was going to get the Gigabyte model but they were sold out and i wanted one asap lol)...and i was wanting to know what the average temps are for this card if anyone knows...and also what the maximum running temp would be, without doing any damage.

Thanks,

Matt

uhh i have a 7600 gs that runs around 58...but idk if that will help..and i completely forgot the highest temp man!..just wait until someone else posts i hope that can even slightly help you

Thanks for the quick reply, the reason i ask, is that (and keep in mind Aussie's high temperatures) my idle temp is about 55-60c, and on load can get up to 80c, as i just saw when playing Far Cry....whilst playing i started to see some light blue squares, tiny and rare, but they looked a bit like artifacts, thats why i ask about the temps...

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Thanks for the quick reply, the reason i ask, is that (and keep in mind Aussie's high temperatures) my idle temp is about 55-60c, and on load can get up to 80c, as i just saw when playing Far Cry....whilst playing i started to see some light blue squares, tiny and rare, but they looked a bit like artifacts, thats why i ask about the temps...

Matt
I am glad that you mentioned the artifacts. I recently had the same problem and after doing some research I found out that my gpu was getting way to hot. After playing a game the temp would reach 75-80c, this is to hot for the gpu. So what you want to do is clean the case out. Make sure you get the dusk off any fans, especially the gpu fan. You may also want to try moving some case fans around (if you have any) and do some cable management to increase the airflow. After I did this my gup temp under load went from 75-80c to about 62-65c. A huge difference and a much more acceptable temperature. Now if only I could get my computer to stop randomly restarting :rolleyes:. Anyways hope this helps.

VirtualDrone said:
I am glad that you mentioned the artifacts. I recently had the same problem and after doing some research I found out that my gpu was getting way to hot. After playing a game the temp would reach 75-80c, this is to hot for the gpu. So what you want to do is clean the case out. Make sure you get the dusk off any fans, especially the gpu fan. You may also want to try moving some case fans around (if you have any) and do some cable management to increase the airflow. After I did this my gup temp under load went from 75-80c to about 62-65c. A huge difference and a much more acceptable temperature. Now if only I could get my computer to stop randomly restarting :rolleyes:. Anyways hope this helps.

Thanks, ill try that, but im sure the GPU fan wont be dirty, its been in there less than 24 hours lol....quick question, how much space do i need between the bottom of the fan, and another expansion card...because i have a tuner card underneath it, not sure if its too close or not..

Matt

Well if you could move it back you should. I have a 7600GT that was having the same problems. I put a PCI exhaust fan under it and temps dropped about 10c. Try it if you have the room!

It sometimes occurs due to either poor design of fans/heatsink or that they inserted a poor heatsink design with no fan.

I'd check if your system also provides good airflow. Ususally, there are one or two 80mm fan slots at the back and two at the front. You could get some fans and plug the front ones so that they suck in air and the back take out the air. It helps a lot for the GPU, as well as the CPU.

AlexF1224 said:
Well if you could move it back you should. I have a 7600GT that was having the same problems. I put a PCI exhaust fan under it and temps dropped about 10c. Try it if you have the room!
Yeah like Alex said try moving the other card down for the pci card if possible. PCI exhaust fan? What is that? Sounds like I could use one.

You can buy that off of Newegg too. I have that in my PC as well. The PCI exhaust fan. It doesn't really go into a PCI slot, but occupies the space for it. I put mine right underneath the video card. You install it like you would any expansion card, but there's nothing to plug into the actual PCI slot. Then screw in the side. Plug the power in and you're set.

Back
Top Bottom