7600GT Temps?

Well i just moved the tuner card down a couple of slots, and now the idle temps are showing about 3c cooler, which is an improvement, but still i think too hot....i currently have 2 80mm fans (pretty bad ones though lol)...one is on the side of the case, the other at the back..my stupid case doesn't have room for one at the front, which im a bit peeved at...how should i have the 2 fans i have blowing, and ill look into those PCI things, they look sound cool

Matt

Yeah, that's it. Mine looks a bit different, but the concept is there. I guess different manufacturer makes them a little bit different. But that will work pretty good.

TRDCorolla said:
Yeah, that's it. Mine looks a bit different, but the concept is there. I guess different manufacturer makes them a little bit different. But that will work pretty good.

Even with the air flowing from the VGA's fan? They won't conflict? lol sorry if that sounded stupid...

Matt

No, it shouldn't. The fan from the GPU is doing it's thing pushing the air out while the PCI exhaust blower is picking up warm air from the leftover heat of the video card and around it's immediate area. It doesn't make it worse, let's put it that way.

Ok, thanks for the help, but i won't be able to get one of them until at least next week, do you think i should be safe playing a few games on it when its running in the 70's, maybe early 80's?

I hope so lol,

Thanks again,

Matt

It should be ok. I mean those video cards are suppose to handle 100+ degreec Celsius. When you go into the Nvidia display properties and look at the GPU temp, it should tell you what the temperature threshold is. Mine says 110 degrees which is the max. I'm running around 42 degrees right now, but that's because I'm not doing anything either. When you play games, it's normal to be that high. I was playing Medal of Honor one time and it shot up to 80 degrees. But once I stop it, you can see the temps climb down to it's normal range.

Ok thats good, my Threshold is 130c...idles at about 57c still, and just started fear about 5 mins ago, shot up to 75c already lol...Outside temp is about 33c (aus weather for ya)

Matt

Those temps look just fine. I wouldn't worry too much over it. Idling in the 50's range is ok too. My previous 6600GT idle around that much (low to mid 50's).

TRDCorolla said:
Those temps look just fine. I wouldn't worry too much over it. Idling in the 50's range is ok too. My previous 6600GT idle around that much (low to mid 50's).
Wow I might be doing something wrong cause my 6800gt is at 63c at idle. Is that bad? BTW I was wrong in the above posts about my cards temp being so low under full load.

Back
Top Bottom