7600GT Drivers, [main question] ForceWare?

Apparently some items in 1.6 have no textures and just appear as a black box etc, the sandbag bug I found in the BF2 SF makes the sand bags surfaces look "liquid". It was also a bug in previous versions (pre 70.xx series) with BF Vietnam

Well, I can deal with that. And I dont have BF2. Id like to have it though... And infact I think my friend has it, so ill try and borrow it :D

Well, thanks for the help :D

ArrizX said:
..Well, thanks for the help :D

No problem, just a little by the by, when changing drivers I've always found it best to remove via add/remove in control panel, reboot to safe mode, run Driver Cleaner Pro (please read the instructions carefully, especially those running nforce boards as you can easily delete your chipset drivers), reboot, install new drivers. Driver Cleaner Pro normally removes 5 residual entries left by the removal of the driver, though I thought I saw 6 entries when I changed from 91.31 to 91.33 (wasn't paying attention)

I dont have a nForce board, so tahts not a problem. But damn, seems like alot of work.

So for the swap, from my ATi to the nVidia, should I go and take everything ATi out and then, a clean install, or can I install the 7600gt and then take out the ATi stuff.

BTW id give you rep, but i need to give it to more people before i give it to you again.

i just got the newest driver today.. i don't particularly like it. i would go with the 2nd newest driver available. those are usually most stable imo.

Remove the ATi driver completely, reboot to safe mode, run DCP, power off, swap out the cards, reboot, cancel the found new hardware wizard, run the nVidia driver installer.

I have reputation points ?? lol, so I do, well thanks for that, and to the others who have done so, lol I never really took any notice of that before.

Safe mode only loads basic system drivers thus freeing up any residual code and registry entries that might be accessed by the os thus impairing DCP. The read me in DCP will explain it all for you.

Yeah, safemode is the place to be for cleaning up drivers. Althought it 'could' help to clean up drivers before installing new ones.. I never bothered. I just downloaded the updated drivers and install 'em, works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom