7300GT vs. 7600GT

godling

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

I've finally decided to go with one of the following:

7300GT or 7600GT.

1. I wanted to know how drastic is the performance difference between
these two? (Please be a bit detailed, if you can)

2. I need to buy a brand other than XFX, because I've heard that XFX
cards are substantially slow. Does brand really make a difference?

Thanks.

7300GT:
Core clock: 350MHz
Fragment pipelines: 8
Shader ops: 2.8 billion/second
Memory clock: 325MHz (650MHz effective)
Memory bus: 128-bit
Memory type: DDR2
Memory bandwidth: 10.4 GB/s

7600GT:
Core clock: 560MHz
Fragment pipelines: 12
Shader ops: ~6.7 billion/second
Memory clock: 700MHz (1400MHz effective)
Memory bus: 128-bit
Memory type: GDDR3
Memory bandwidth: 22.4 GB/s

^If any of that's wrong, someone correct me please. I'm trying to learn all I can about this stuff.

If you've got the money for the 7600GT, there's no question that it's so much better than the 7300GT. Definitely get it if you can.

And I've never heard that the XFX cards were really slow. Not to say they aren't, I've just never heard that; I personally have never used them, so I don't know. Generally speaking, brand doesn't matter, but sometimes companies will factory overclock their cards to a safe level, so if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, those will be a little faster. I like evga for nVidia cards, but like I said, it really doesn't matter too much.

EDIT: Also, a nice comparison guide in-game between the two can be found here. For some reason, it auto-highlights the 7900GTX in blue, even when I selected the 7300GT. But whatever, you can still see the vast differences in game between the two. Just...don't go by the ones highlighted in blue. :D And yeah, they have a lot of games at loads of detail settings, so it shouldn't be too hard to notice a wide gap.

yep, definitely the 7600GT.
And I think XFX is a decent brand, nothing wrong with them. But if you don't want one then get something else, the brand isn't so important. I've always had asus, and they have served me well.

eVGA also make good video cards too. I just wish there are some way to make them smaller instead of making them bigger (espeically for the high performance video cards). But yeah, the 7600GT totally kills the 7300GT.

godling said:
Hi Everyone,

I've finally decided to go with one of the following:

7300GT or 7600GT.

1. I wanted to know how drastic is the performance difference between
these two? (Please be a bit detailed, if you can)

2. I need to buy a brand other than XFX, because I've heard that XFX
cards are substantially slow. Does brand really make a difference?

Thanks.
Well, look at my post on CF. You'll have the exct thing I have said.

lhuser said:
Just for one thing: it should pop in front of you: Numbers are higher, so is speed.

2-I never heard such things on XFX, but if you want another brand, get EVGA.

The rating? Sure.
7300GS: 44/100
7300GT: 69/100
7600GS: 90/100
7600GT: 100/100
7900GS: 112/112

The thing I has from the GS is Hyper memory. It has 128 and will expand to 512 if your PC has enough RAM. That thing is the WORST thing I've ever seen.

Oh and it seems it's not the first time you've been telling it. lol

Back
Top Bottom