6800gt and 420w PSU

ardy891

Daemon Poster
In july I plan on buying a 6800gt and a 200gb sata drive, I was wondering if my Hiper 420w Psu would be up to the task. Wat do u guys think??

By the way, I currently have 2 cd drives, i hd and 3 fans!! But remember i will b adding another hdd and the 6800gt!!

Please tell me its enuff, I think it mite be and cant afford another psu either!!

Thanx

It will run it no problem with a SINGLE 6800GT, but it will NOT RUN dual 6800GTs if you were planning that.

No just single gt, I only have a soket A mobo that has no sli functionality!!! Also, is it worth gettin the 6800gt lookin at my specs in my sig, it wont in anyway be bottlenecked will it!!

i hade a 280 watt psu with 10amps on the 12 v line. Yes 10 amps on the 12 v line. I ran 1 harddrive, 1 cd rom, 1 amd 64 3200 (overclocked 400mhz), 1 6800gt (overclocked to ultra speeds) with perfect stability. actually my system restarted at times but like only once or twice and it only happens when my cpu is overclocked, if its not (just the video card overclocked) i get 100% stability: no crashes, no lockups, no restarts.

HE HE HE.. I know that.. dual Ultras and 500watt PSU are not enough... now I have a 620watt. That PSU is more then enough.

right ok then , that cleared a few things thank u!!

I cant wait to get my gt at the end of july!!

Back
Top Bottom