$650 car a good deal?

Something emissions related was missing from the engine? Hmm, PCV valve? Smog Pump?

I wouldn't worry too much about rust on the fenders and such on a car like that. Sand it and put some POR15 and a coat of spray paint if you want. But make sure you crawl under the car and check for frame rot and that sort of thing.

Something emissions related was missing from the engine? Hmm, PCV valve? Smog Pump?

I wouldn't worry too much about rust on the fenders and such on a car like that. Sand it and put some POR15 and a coat of spray paint if you want. But make sure you crawl under the car and check for frame rot and that sort of thing.

Yes, thats what it was, the smog pump. I checked under the car, looked pretty clean, but, whats POR15? is it a type of bondo?

Pre 96, you don't need Cats, and I think pre 96 is exempt from smog tests, but I'm not sure.

Crown vics are dirt cheap, ex police cruisers. Many easily run 300k + miles needing hardly anything.

Detective Unmarked Police Car For Sale

There's one for $1200 (no idea where you are located).

Hell, you can get a high miles 2007 Crown Vic for $1200.
Ford Crown Victoria

96 is the cutoff for smog in Illinois? In California it's somewhere around 75. Crown vics are ok except for the uncomfortable back seats...

96 is the cutoff for smog in Illinois? In California it's somewhere around 75. Crown vics are ok except for the uncomfortable back seats...
Hahaha, yeah, some models might not have great back seats...

I'm not really sure on the smog rules. I don't have any smog testing in my county. I know 96 is the earliest year that cats are required (they wouldn't be on my truck if I didn't need them, and they sure aren't on my Mustang).

My hypocritical dad and I bought a car today. Its a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited :D.

Now does this car already have a smog pump and stuff? I want it to be legal because its made after 1996.

BTW: Its got the 5.2l in it, and it needs a power steering pump, which we got a new one and the pulley, and they do not combine (wtf??) :/

It should have smog and cats.

5.2L... any money you saved in buying the truck will now go into gas. But it's a fairly reliable engine. You'll be able to pass anyone except a gas station.

Back
Top Bottom