6200; attempting to set up three monitors; help!

tyruk

Beta member
Just bought a 6200 pci card for the sole purpose of running a third monitor: my extra 17 inch Dell that I had lying around. I have two other monitors currently connected to an Nvidia GeForce GT220 (it's a terrible card and it came with the machine, but I'm not much of a gamer) and they work fine together.

But when I installed the 6200 earlier today things went a little bit awry. I plummed it in fine. Plugged in the 17 inch via the VGA, turned the machine on, no problemo! It boots to desktop. Great. The screens outputting from the GT220 are displaying as normal. I enter display properties. Windows starts installing drivers for the 6200. The third monitor is listed in the properties, so I set it to extend my desktop and adjust the resolution. It flickers to life! But then the monitors are not in the same order as they are on my desk, so I change them, click apply -- and poof! Then the screen goes black, and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to revert back to my previous set-up. I was successful. Removed the 6200, booted in safe mode, did system restore, and I'm back.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong here? I'm rocking a Dell Studio running Windows 7. Q8300, stock. Eight gig of ram, stock.

I did try installing the latest drivers, and even downloaded a few archived files, but I kept getting error messages.

Back
Top Bottom