5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279244-33-nvidia-fermi-gf100-benchmarks-detailed

yeah, its toms hardware...b/w

==Nvidia GTX285==
...What you see here is that the built-in DX10 benchmark was run at 1,920x1,200 at the ultra-high-quality preset and with 4x AA. The GeForce GTX 285 returns an average frame-rate of 50.32fps with a maximum of 73.13fps and minimum of 38.4fps. In short, it provides playable settings with lots of eye candy.

==Nvidia Fermi GF100==
Take a closer look at the picture and you will be able to confirm that the settings are the same as the GTX 285's. Here, though, the Fermi card returns an average frame-rate of 84.05fps with a maximum of 126.20fps and a minimum of 64.6fps. The minimum frame-rate is higher than the GTX 285's average, and the 67 per cent increase in average frame-rate is significant...

==Lightly Overclocked ATI 5870==
The results show that, with the same settings, the card scores an average frame-rate of 65.84fps with a maximum of 136.47fps (we can kind of ignore this as it's the first frame) and a minimum of 40.40fps - rising to 48.40fps on the highest of three runs.

==5970==
Average frame-rate increases to 99.79fps with the dual-GPU card, beating out Fermi handily. Maximum frame-rate is 133.52fps and minimum is 76.42fps. It's hard to beat the sheer grunt of AMD's finest, clearly.

Even after taking into account the Nvidia-favoring of FarCry2, the results are not too shabby...in line with what we've been expecting - that the GF100 is faster than the 5870. It will most likely be faster in other games, but to a smaller degree... Now the only question is how much it will cost...

may i bring this part to the front

Maximum frame-rate is 133.52fps and minimum is 76.42fps. It's hard to beat the sheer grunt of AMD's finest, clearly.

So far, i say FTW for 5970

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=21996&page=3

fermi info

seriously? NO ONE has anything to say?

im shocked.

Oh. They are supposed to hit shelves soon. Not out for retail yet :|. guess I'll be holding off a few purchases for those cards ;D

We'll see. They haven't exactly release specs or mentioned their most powerful Fermi core yet. It looks like more of a workhorse than a gaming card based on what they've shown, imho.

Back
Top Bottom