5870 Reviews!

In response to Intel's announced Hexa-core LGA 1366 Proc, AMD is rumored to have said something about releasing an octo-core. Perhaps this was just speculation on a forum's part.

In response to Intel's announced Hexa-core LGA 1366 Proc, AMD is rumored to have said something about releasing an octo-core. Perhaps this was just speculation on a forum's part.

octo?

is that really required? lol.

iv never had my quad at max yet an there going to octo? wtf? lol

id like to get the software for eyefinity that would be cool to see if i could do it with my nvidia card stretch my games across multiple monitors

octo?

is that really required? lol.

iv never had my quad at max yet an there going to octo? wtf? lol

Yeah, that always happens in hardware. It once happened between AMD and Intel on the Single Cores. The result: The Pentium4 HT 3.2GHz as we know it. AMD and Intel were racing to reach 4Ghz and beyond on their single cores. Finally, someone wised up and made Intel realize that a Dual Core was the only way to stay out on top.

Yeah, that always happens in hardware. It once happened between AMD and Intel on the Single Cores. The result: The Pentium4 HT 3.2GHz as we know it. AMD and Intel were racing to reach 4Ghz and beyond on their single cores. Finally, someone wised up and made Intel realize that a Dual Core was the only way to stay out on top.

well if amd can pull off a good cpu with octo cores, and make it DDR3/ddr4? able, give it a 12MB L3 cache, and make it good at overclocking, i think they have one for the win.

dude.... look at the resolutions they're testing at! If they brought it back to something reasonable (1920x1080) then they would be neck and neck or maybe even have the 295 winning. Also, you have to remember that the 295 has been out for quite a while now. When nvidia comes out with their DX11 cards, I'm positive it will blow this thing away. I'm personally unimpressed with these results. I read elsewhere that the new 5870 only gets 38fps in crysis with maxed settings and 4xAA. That's ridiculous! It should be at least 60 IMO. And look at the size of these things! They're getting bigger and bigger, they need to stop just slapping on more size and actually think it through to the point that it's reasonable.

20115.png

That right there is BS. I can play on higher settings then that with my GTS250, and I get well over 120fps. This is incredibly one sided. I'm not even reading the rest of this crap.

You don't have a brain at all do you?

You do realize the HD 4870 X2 and GTX 295 are **DUAL-GPU SET-UPS**.

If the HD 5870 didn't outperform these cards, it would still be massively better.

If you want to compare the HD 5870 vs the HD 4870 X2 or GTX 295, put 2x HD 5870 in crossfire, look at those benchmarks, and then shit your pants at the difference.

You don't compare 1 GPU to 2 GPUs and say "omg the 1 GPU is barely beating the 2, it must suck!"

Also, this card is clearly only for enthusiasts and extreme gamers or whoever else needs a top-of-the-line card.

I don't know many people that would buy this card that run/play at LESS than 1920x1200.

And, considering you JUST admitted that 1920x1200 is unreasonable to benchmark, I highly doubt you play at 1920x1200, so it doesn't freaking surprise me you get higher benchmarks with your GTS 2...whatever shitty number because you can't afford a real card. (edit: Which is fine, but doesn't give you the right to talk out of your ass about cards you don't own).

/endrant

I'll post some personal benchmarks of my HD 5870 soon, for those of you who care.

awesome cant wait for benchmarks and screen shots! :)

id like probably 2 of these but i game at less than 1920x1200 so idk id prob only need one :D

Back
Top Bottom