5400BE Overclock

im on an nvdia 780i bored and the ram is sli supported or somthing
ddr2 800

You probably won't get one of those great OC's because of the nVidia chipset. Before anything else, can you tell me the revision of your chip?

cpu is g0 stepping
and nvdia 780i is pretty nasty at over clocking ive seen it go pretty far
if u wanna i/m me
esa193 - aim

The G0 is supposedly the better stepping for OC'ing. It uses less voltages so you can get more FSB for your VCore.

Are you going to OC without touching the VCore or do you plan on going all the way?

i dont want to touch the vcore with stock cooling if i upgrade cooling all go all the way
like said i/m me

What the hell!? I've upped the VCore by .025 (BIOS) and I still can't get 3408 to stabilize. I got 3392 stable @ BIOS VCore of 1.575, but I can't get 3408 @ BIOS VCore of @1.600. What the hell!?!?!?! I know it's not the memory. That's been down stepped to 333Mhz. The HT Link is also definitely not the culprit. Core temps are 35C, 45C max respectively. CPU Temp is 49C on full load. I don't understand what's going on. Hot MOFSETs? PSU not pumping enough watts? What the hell!?!!?

BTW:

BIOS 1.575V Full Load = 1.440V
BIOS 1.600V Full Load = 1.472V (sometimes jumps to 1.456V)

I think you're really going to need to find something to fix that Vdroop if you're going to get any further. 1.47V for 3.4 is asking a lot.

I don't expect any other component is holding you back, although you could check your 12V line (use HWmonitor).

You can also use VRAM sinks for the MOSFETs, they can take A LOT of heat through, I doubt that's what's holding you back.

Oh man...Do you know any guides for a pencil mod?
All you can do is scour Google for one, I've had a quick look and I can't find anything. If you go deep I'm sure someone's done it.

Back
Top Bottom