512Mb Geforce 7800 Ultra Specs

Because the G70's architecture wasn't designed to support it. They'll probably come out with a new card by then, but whatever.

I win :D

alvino said:
Because the G70's architecture wasn't designed to support it. They'll probably come out with a new card by then, but whatever.

I win :D

lmao

but that's what I'm talking about, the gddr4 ram and the gddr3 ram are supposed to be so that a thingy (vid card in this case) that supports gddr3 is also compatible with gddr4. Or atleast that's how I thought it would be :confused:

"While GDDR4 offers unprecedented speed, it retains a design virtually identical to that of GDDR3, today's graphics DRAM of choice. This minimizes inconvenience to graphics card and chipset manufacturers in developing new products. "
from here: http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/PressRelease/PressRelease.asp?seq=20051026_0000206763

The video card's core has to also work with the RAM too. So you can't just slave some GDDR4 RAM with a core that doesn't support it in the first place. It's not in the software either (unlike HDR, which is through the drivers).

Back
Top Bottom