50K members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to put it out there that when I took a vacation there was no way to get an admin email because I was banned and could not even view my infractions, etc.

Not only this, but I don't believe either of you have a publicly posted email address? All I could find was the "Email me" link in your profiles, which I think require an account to use, so simply logging on without an account would not work.

Maybe there are other solutions, but I thought it might be useful to let you know that it's not an easy task to contact an admin while you're banned without making a new account, which is obviously against the rules.

I have no issue with it being added to the rules or something else so that people can see and be able to know how to reach us. Will talk to Trotter about that.

I think a ban for two accounts from the same ip is a bit strange. I can understand if someone gets banned and then opens up a new account on the same ip. But, I can also see there could be situation with roommates or siblings where it would be completely acceptable to have 2 accounts with the same ip. Would the best way to be ask permission for a second account on the same ip prior to opening one?

PM Trotter or Mak about the 2nd account you wish to create, we have this policy because of a few members who had more then one account for various reasons non of them good. We do have some exemptions like room mates or family etc but they are few an far between.

My son is a few years (like 7) away from needing an account but I know at some point in time he will need one.

The only other reason I could see is if I had someone over I was helping with a problem and they wanted to set up an account to ask a question. I will pm if the need occurs.

Fell free to PM us mate, we are trying to keep a open mind about issues like this but 99% of the time they are for nothing good but in your case we know it would be legit an we would probably ask first before any action was taken.

We are not heartless an know TF tends to spread like a virus once one in your family has it soon the rest have a full blown case just let us know and we will certanly look into it.

I should have taken pictures, but when I moved my old computer into a new case my almost 5 year old son helped. He was screwing in the motherboard and cd and hard drives. He now calls it his computer and it is "the fastest in the world."

Gota love kids for picking stuff up like that, my dad is a nuclear engineer and when I was about 8 years old an he used to take me to sites at the weekend when they where on light crews. By the time I was 9 I could weld (MIG, TIG an ARK) and use a lathe, I loved going on site and hacking together some pipe off cut's into the shape of a train or something drove my mum nuts but god it was fun.

This when he was on a site providing new systems for power plants not a active reactor so everything was quite safe, prity funny really.

My dad is was an electrical engineer for HP. Microwave testing equipment. He would bring home broken equipment for me starting around age 6 and I would take them apart and put them back together. For some reason I always had left over screws and such.

Was this in the days when you could get the cosmetic defects for buttons? I know the wizard of woz got his start that way before he moved to HP's calculator division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom