$500 Budget New Build

I like the CPU and the mobo Biker posted but I'd go for Corsair Vengeance memory and Seasonic PSU instead as you can see in my sig. I did a lot of research and reviews to find these parts.

i picked the Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB over the vengance purely to keep costs down, but i would pick ripjaw over the vengence

an the seasonic is def a better psu but again we are working with a low budget here.

Also the I3 is not going to give you the same performance in games as the fx-6.

Last edited:
Also the I3 is not going to give you the same performance in games as the fx-6.

the i3 is gonna perform better and worse depending on how much the game uses CPU multithreading.
the I3 is no doubt better than the FX-6300 by each single core because AMD's architecture is not that great.
the deal here is that it's a Two core (W/ 4 threads) VS a SIX core CPU.

i have these interesting benchmarks to prove my point: AMD Vishera FX-6300 & FX-4300 Review - Page 12

this is a build on a budget, and if it's only for gaming i'll go for the I3 and add the money saved on a step up 7770 graphic card.
but i can totally understand if he rather have the six cored FX-6300.

I recently built a roughly $700 build most of my money went into the GTX 660 graphics card. For LOL you barely need anything a normal desktop runs it fine. Sims 3 won't use much and you could do fine with a 7770 I believe my friend uses a 6670 on SIms 3 and GTA 4 and it works fine. I bought a Phenom II x4 965 for about $105 and it works fine. Case wise I got a Cooler Master 431 Elite for about $50 and is a decent case. Ram I spent $50 on 4gbx2 corsair I believe. I have a WD Caviar black HDD but she could drop $30 and get a caviar blue without effecting performance in Sims or LOL, also if your still tight you can get a 970 rather than a 990 mobo and it should work fine. My build runs Metro 2033 (One of the highest graphic games) On high settings and can run very high but I still need to buy the new HDD I'm using a very old one from an old PC and it has alot of trouble keeping up right now

Back
Top Bottom