$50 if I "fix" a router

joe pic

Fully Optimized
So my friend tells me her router "doesn't work" and she can't get it to work. When it's connected, neither the computer it's wired to can get access to the internet, or the computer that is connected to it cannot get access. What's the problem? I know nothing about wireless networking, so can someone please help me out? Oh yeah, and her dad says he'd give me $50 if i fix it. sweet, right? I really could use that $50, so does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? I know she has a linksys router. But that's it.

Thanks guys, let me know if you have any info

People at bestbuy get paid for that all the time, so why shouldnt he ahaha...

...yeah, i don't care. but it's not my fault. i wouldn't turn down $50.

can anyone help me???

try pinging the router from the computer that should have the internet connection. If the router is broken then there is probably nothing that u can do. But with pinging it u will see if the problem is between the computer and the router or somewhere else.

First, does the PC and WAN lights are lighted on? I had a D-Link that once you connected whatever, it wouldn't light on. 5 more mins and it turned off...BOILING HOT.

Are you serious? No they dont, im sure 75% of the people here will agree with me, anyhow lets stop stealing his thread. Were not here to fight, lets just help im out!

alright this is getting nowhere. i don't know what pinging is. it's not my router, i've never looked at it. what can I do? I don't care about best buy's geeksquad. just help me! i want $50!

Back
Top Bottom