Dorky

Solid State Member
What sort of set up would I need to run Dota and CS:GO on 4k?

Good screens to recommend? I watched some videos but I couldn't decide..Cheap one, with less features, expensive one with good features that I will save money for later on and buy two years down the road. Maybe by then there'll be new features with more expensive panels and so on.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking new PC with an i5 and a 1060 - 4k though? Don't know, don't know.

Currently have an i7 with SLI top of the range from a while a go.

Lasted 8 years.

Thinking of something cheaper because as I've grown older it makes more sense to spend less money!!!!

Last edited:
4k and cheap don't go in the same sentence. You want single midend card with a 4k panel running decent frames you need to wait another 2 years. Otherwise you'll be doing like me and spending 2400 on graphics cards just to make sure you hit 60fps with high settings.

Probably wait a little bit then and buy in when the loop for the prices is efficient and makes sense.

2 generations of gfx cards ahead I think and it will be more mainstream. A lot of eyestraining for now.

4k and cheap don't go in the same sentence. You want single midend card with a 4k panel running decent frames you need to wait another 2 years. Otherwise you'll be doing like me and spending 2400 on graphics cards just to make sure you hit 60fps with high settings.

Well 4k monitors have come down recently
I found this one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025038&ignorebbr=1

As for GPU's you can go lower end and while it wont be the greatest experience it can be achieved thanks to scaling features of cards like the GTX1060

At that kind of price I am sure going to give it a try, hey if i cannot play at 4k right now big whoop as the monitor is so cheap and in my budget and I want another monitor anyhow as my monitor is TN

Last edited:
Well 4k monitors have come down recently
I found this one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025038&ignorebbr=1

As for GPU's you can go lower end and while it wont be the greatest experience it can be achieved thanks to scaling features of cards like the GTX1060

At that kind of price I am sure going to give it a try, hey if i cannot play at 4k right now big whoop as the monitor is so cheap and in my budget and I want another monitor anyhow as my monitor is TN
That's not 4k.

Yea my 4k temp monitor cost less, the money quoted was for the graphics cards. You can have a 4k monitor and turn the res or settings down, but what's the point? You get that monitor now and a low end card to push 1080p medium settings on it. Why not just wait for more single card solutions that are cheaper and can properly run 4k? By then 4k monitors will be even cheaper sporting more features that usually cost around 800.

It's why I dropped 4k for 1440p last year because I got tired of low frame rates and dropped settings with even 3 Titan X Maxwell cards. We're just not there yet unless you want to drop the cash on 2 1080tis.

Back
Top Bottom