4830 Loud? What do you mean by loud?

pitbull30

Baseband Member
After debating on a video card and asking some questions around here I think I am going to go with the Sapphire 4830. Today!

My other option was the 4670. The 4830 sounds like its a good middle...

The only thing I am alittle hesitant about (before I click the buy button) is some people say its loud, and some people say it is not on the reviews.

When you guys talk about a card being loud what do you mean?

I can hear my case fans alittle bit. and when I do alot of applications it spins up alittle. Is it similar to a case fan or is it more powerful? I dont mind my case fan noise.

By the way..The one I am talking about is here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102822

Thanks

by loud they probably mean if you set the GPU fan to max an it sounds like a leaf blower, some people are just so dumb an think the fan hasto be set to max, i dont know why, but just leave it on auto and u wolnt hear it, trust me.

So, you know how when you run alot of apps the case fan spins up to max for awhile. Is this what they are talking about?

I will definately have mine on auto, but if it runs like a blower all the time that might not be what I want because I plan to watch movies with this PC as well and I dont want to hear a leaf blower on the silent scenes.

i doubt that it will increase its fan speed on auto just because your watching a movie, even if i am playing Crysis my cards fan is super quiet. Movies arnt that taxing on video cards, even HD ones

Back
Top Bottom