48 processes too much?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
My task manager shows 48 processes running.....is that way too many, or is it about normal?

I have 40 processes... but, nothing to worry about as long as they aren't any trojans, etc.

Check the sticky thread on the top of the Software and Hardware page.

Kage said:
I have 40 processes... but, nothing to worry about as long as they aren't any trojans, etc.

Check the sticky thread on the top of the Software and Hardware page.

ok,, thanks, i will check out the info in that sticky.

hahaa, i've got 44! most of them are necessary however. i'm not sure what most of them are. i have firefox, aim, objectdock, and a whole lotta other ones. the one thats hogging up my memory and keeps increasing is WMP54Gv4.exe...that's my wireless card! i have no idea why it's taking up 321 mb of ram!...anyone know why?

I am currently running 48 processes, just after toning down msconfig. But most of mine relate to AOL and dial-up connections and stuff of that sort. From my performance, no worries. Just don't get above 55 or 60, in my opinion.

55 or 60. Setting a very high target there. I doubt anyone would be running that much :p

Hey, thanks :)

Kage said:
55 or 60. Setting a very high target there. I doubt anyone would be running that much :p

Hey, thanks :)

Well, I am running 48 processes and I need every one of them. Plus there are some users who have special drivers for their keyboards or something to use programmable buttons or something like that. With power users, you just never know. Oh yeah, then you have the prebuilt computers. Those are loaded with services for their drivers and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom