400MHz FSB Volt Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
This was done with physical alterations done to the motherboard itself. Transistors and resistors and capacitors were soldered on, so I wouldnt recommend doing this unless you know exactly what the hell you are doing.

Still, thats insane! With a few minor alterations (maybe not so minor) you could crank your FSB to 400MHz!!! That is the current world record!

http://www.thelab.gr/reviews/ic7mods_en6.php

I have this board, the IC7-G, and you better believe that I am totally going to do this up!

Yet another place for a shameless plug. Sorry, gotta do it. :D
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57131

Wow, thats pretty crazy! I sure hope you know how to solder!

If you are going to do this, I suggest you get really high-quality components (resistors, pots, caps, etc.)

I know that with variable resistors (pots), that they tend to wander a bit. They dont hold a precisely steady resistance. This might be different if you get really good ones, but Im not sure.

If you are going to do it, Good Luck! :D If you need help with electronic components, give me a shout:D

Thanks Elba, I certainly will. I'm pretty good at soldering, not extremely good, but I'm not bad. I think that since I will be doing it on something that I could potentially lose alot of money on if I screw up, I will be less likely to screw up.

Resistors and things like that are so damn expensive! I know they cost less than a cent to make, but they are sold for like a buck and a half! My buddy used to work at Rat Shack, and he could show me the prices that Rat Shack paid for stuff. A packet of 10 resistors cost some 4 or 5 dollars, but cost the store some 70 cents.

Hahaha, never ever buy components from Rad Shack.

Not only are they ridiculously overpriced, but they arent of the highest quality.

I would go as far to say that they are of the lowest quality...

I have gotten a lot of components from www.agilent.com but that was for a little more complicated parts than resistors. Therefore I am not sure if they even have any. When I was getting stuff from them, I had millions of resistors at my disposal anyways (at college).

Well, I'm still in contact with my professor from high school in the electronics shop. I'm sure he would hook me up with some resistors, as I'm sure his shop pays no more than 10 cents a peice for them.

If they order them in bulk (I would hope they would) then they even pay a fraction of a penny for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom