3gb of ram with 167MHz frequency bad?

if they are ddr400, then there is no reason the board sould be down clocking it (unless 333 is the highest speed it can support, but i havn't looked to check) if after looking at the stick, you find out that they are infact ddr400, check bios settings see if its been manually set to 333.

clandestinex337 said:
Im not sure have to check pretty sure the yare DDR400
DDR 400 ram is good memory,In some boards it is like nos+ injection,also makes some 667 and 800 ddr2 look like well... slow.Any one that has a asus P4C800 deluxe board with two sticks of only 512 each will tell you it fly's.Then again these boards are very(SUPER) stable and fast.

celegorm said:
if they are ddr400, then there is no reason the board sould be down clocking it (unless 333 is the highest speed it can support, but i havn't looked to check) if after looking at the stick, you find out that they are infact ddr400, check bios settings see if its been manually set to 333.

Motherboard really has no affect on RAM. If he's using an older AMD processor, the processor can only handle 2 sticks at DDR400, but 4 at DDR333

DJ-CHRIS said:
Motherboard really has no affect on RAM. If he's using an older AMD processor, the processor can only handle 2 sticks at DDR400, but 4 at DDR333
my processor is the AMD Anthalon 64 3800+ X2 Dual core

^except his motherboard doesn't even support that memory it supports a maximum of DDR400, he posted what mobo he had and the type of memory it excepts, and also you can just use the edit button if you decide to add something later on(for instance a minute later...)

my Mobo is the LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR and can take this memory

# Four 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets
# Supports dual channel (128-bit wide) memory interface
# Supports up to 4GB system memory
# Supports DDR266, DDR333 and DDR400 DDR SDRAM DIMM

Back
Top Bottom