3DMark06 Score

FFS, can't everyone just get along? Getingnited back it up when you make a statement like that. Also, on message boards you are expected to write in clear English and not in "text speak" so read the forum rules. -1 for your immature reaction. My 3DMark06 score is in my sig. For that test my Q6600 was at 3.2GHz, and my 8800GT at stock speeds, also I only recently installed another 2GB of RAM. I'm going ro run another 3DMark06 benchmark soon.

hes talking shit to me basically calling me illiterate.......

Dude he isn't talking shit he's commenting on how your full of shit. Please post up a 3dMark06 Compare link. I think your using a different version probally 05 which of course your score will be higher.

I'll fill everyone that doesn't know what 3dMark06 scores mean. And why using anything but 3Dmark06 is pretty much pointless. Each year they come out with a new test series designed to bench systems with settings that really are not utilized in games to give you a rough idea of how your system should perform.

So you scored 11,396 in 3dMark06. This interprets as games designed in 2007 at the default 1280X1024 resolution you can expect to game at 113.96 FPS.

Default scores are nice to compare to make sure your cpu/gpu is on the mark. That looks like a fine score for a non overclocked system. I score 11,700 roughly with my sig setup.

Now if you game at a different resolution and want to use AA etc you need to change that when you run the bench. So say you run native 1680X1050 run the test with those settings and whatever AA or other options you want to run your future games for. Say you score 9,285 at that. That would interpret as 92.85 FPS at 1680X1050.

3Dmark06 is out of date a new version with DX10 hardware needs to come out because its almost 08 and 06 futuremark is quite dated for testing possible average frames on todays games. When FutureMark2008 comes out whatever your score is there will determine what you can expect from 2008-2009 games.

Thats why its called FutureMark. The point of the score is to give you a idea of future FPS in future games for the following year.

It can also be used to check bottlenecks. IE when you start overclocking your CPU once your SM2.0 and SM3.0 scores no longer go up you know your CPU is not bottlenecking the GPU. Also as mentioned before it lets you know there are no problems with your system. If you bench and got say 8K and everyone else is getting 11,500 you know something isn't right with your setup somewhere when your using the same hardware.

Back
Top Bottom