3DMark05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I was overclocking my graphics card. At 357/1100 I get 4961 or so. At 361/1100 it drops to 4500 or so. Why? Is it overheating that bad?

I can't begin to even figure out why 6800 gt's do what they do, lmao.
woohoo, another useless and completely ignorant post.

It's like your CPU when not given enough Vcore will error in prime95......your GPU technically isn't stable....it's stable enough to not give artifacts, but not stable enough to successfully and efficiently complete the operations........

Any graphics card, be it made by nvidia, ati or santa clause will do this......hence why comments such as the one made by the forever ignorant one known as dale above me are just that much more assanine.

dale5605 said:
I can't begin to even figure out why 6800 gt's do what they do, lmao.

You're on thin ice, dale. You'd better watch it! Start posting helpful stuff instead of continually flaming and downing Nvidia users.

if you had program(s) running while you ran the second test it can screw it up pretty good

I didn't have any programs running. I just can't figure out why everyone on here talks about how well their graphic's card is overclocking and mine goofs at 361 MHz. Do I need to supply more voltage to it somehow, or is there something that I'm missing?

nope, only way to add voltage is doing a volt mod.....it should either hit it or not, that's all there is to it.

Go beyond 361 and see if it artifacts or anything like that, or if the score suddenly raises back up, about all I can think for you to do. My eVGA hit 400/1100 on stock cooler within a couple days of having it in my posession

Yeah, keep playing with it, you should be able to get it to 400 core easily.

3dmark is wierd sometimes, I have run it and get a crappy score, reboot and run it again and get a much better score with no OC changes.

Alright... If it should get 400 easy then I'll crank it up to 375 later and let you know what happened.

Swing and a miss. I cranked it to 370 to see if there was just a mistake at 361, but 3DMark05 froze up for a second, then started lagging BAD. I had to quit and put it back to 357. Why is it doing so bad with overclocking? Does raising the core frequency also raise something else that I'm not aware of that I need to lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom