3D Modelling

BaconSanwich

Baseband Member
I've just started a computing course, and since there are so few participants, we are all given free reign over which 'area' of computing we want to study/learn more about.

Being a person who both loves to draw and game, I was interested in 3D modelling. The thing is, I basically have almost no knowledge of it. Is it difficult to learn? Would I require more knowledge of coding/programming before hand?

Honestly depends on what kind of "3D modelling" you're wanting to do. There is some that requires some programming and there's some that doesn't. Mostly depends on what you want to do.

Stuff like Maya, Cinema4D, Blender, etc. are all just 3D Modelling and (to my knowledge) don't really require anything for programming. Then there's stuff like AutoCAD which doesn't necessarily require programming, but you can program scripts using LISP.

I probably wouldn't be designing anything fancy: more just experimenting to get a feel for the programs.

Is the associated software expensive? And what kind of hardware (like the PC specs) would I need?

Blender is free.

The others are paid; no idea on the pricing of them but they're professional tools so they'd be fairly spendy.

I would also suggest Autodesk 3DsMax, there is a free version for students which is pretty much like Maya.

Back
Top Bottom