3D Bench 2003 scores, real or fake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrage

Baseband Member
Having seen some that are pure and simple make beleive benchmark figures I thought it time to test a few of my own boxes just for a play to see where they stand in the mass of numbers, according to the figures I will have trouble running a desktop picture in 800 X 600 @ 16 bit colour..

Now picture the exact same systems but for a faster cpu and more memory, that small addition trippled the score of the average 5200 card.

In simple terms, going from a 2400 to a 2500 and from 512 to 768 Mb, same HDD, same board, that fairly small upgrade nearly trippled the initial score, remembering the card was not just the same type or brand it was the exact same 5200 128-Mb video card.

Rocket science says it's not testing just the vid card but the entire system, making all those sometimes doubtfull numbers shown upwards of 15,000 to mean diddley squat in some systems that are running top end 64 bit boards/cpu's never mind some running raided SATA drives, dual boards etc etc etc.

So then, what test available will test just the vid card and not the other components also assisting with those inflated 3D scores shown, many IMO as fake as the inaginary systems they reside in, the internet creature being what it is where one can have a room full of Crays if the BS can answer all questions, all too common unfortunately.

The reason ? to make an educated choice as to what card will suit, knowing that the POS 5200 has ran all games I have personally tossed at it with a minimum of fuss.

Those who own system components not yet released for sale that make the stories more fiction than any tiny bit of fact, why ? just to make me laugh for one, who knows, some need to have a $25 K system while still at junior school.

Sure it is of no disspute that there is a vast difference between a $50 card and a $1500 card, no UNI degree is needed there, only a full wallet and an empty head, as IMO they are generally not needed by the average game playing kid who has trouble paying for the game let alone the mega "system".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom