360/PS3 Graphics Equivalents?

metin

In Runtime
What exactly are the equivalents to these system's GPU's compared to computer parts?
I've been looking it up but I don't get any card names that I know of
Any help is appreciated.

There aren't equivalent in any way. They make special types of GPU's for Xbox 360's/PS3's. It's not like they stick in a computer graphics card like a 4850 or something.

Here is a snippet out of an article. The rest of the article can be found HERE.

Graphics
This is a sticky subject for a lot of fanboys. A very common argument in most flame wars is that the Playstation 3 simply “has better graphics”. I'm not sure where that argument came from; Sony obviously did a good job of marketing the system. However, the argument is entirely false. The Xenos GPU on the XBOX 360 is superior the RSX on the PS3. This is one thing that didn't change in the past year.

Xenos simply has more power - higher fillrate, higher pixel processing power, higher vertex processing power, and better memory architecture. If you look at multiplatform games and contrast the graphics on the two consoles, XBOX 360 almost always leads. Whether they use a higher resolution or higher quality antialiasing, games often look better and/or play smoother on the 360. We looked at a handful of multiplatform games a while back, and this was always the case.

Again, we have to consider that Cell has the potential to help with graphics on the Playstation 3. As developers become more familiar with the platform, they are going to come up with new tricks to help games run smoother, and allow them to look better. However, one year after its introduction we aren't seeing huge leaps (or even baby steps) towards this, except on a couple exclusive titles.

The Xenon is the 360s CPU, not GPU, it uses a custom ATi GPU of some kind.

I can say that the PS3 uses a 700GTX.

Inside, the Xbox 360 uses the triple-core IBM designed Xenon as its CPU. Graphics processing is handled by the ATI Xenos which has 10 MB of eDRAM. Its main memory pool is 512 MB in size.

Wiki.

Back
Top Bottom