>:[

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
i cant play sh*t without getting kicked for having a high ping >:[ how can i help my ping? my computer is directly to my router so im not wireless. is there anything i can do?

Hi ping is usually becasue of distance between your location and that of the server, not how you are hooked up. Like netbooger is getting at, it could be your service as well.

It could just all of the extra traffic because of the holidays. I'm not sure if that affects it or not.

there isent a way that you can really improve your ping, its all your internet provider. try running virus scanner's and all that to make sure nothing is taking up the internet while your gaming and try to pick server's that are close to you

You can also check your bandwidth to make sure that you are getting what you are paying for. I know personally that sometimes my bandwidth would drop below what I was guaranteed to be getting. In which case you would need to call you ISP and try and resolve the issue.

But if you are using cable then it could just be a lot of people using the line. The way cable works is everyone shares the same line, so if there a bunch of people accessing the line in your neighborhood at the same time you will see drops in your bandwidth.

Is your internet slow? If so, this will include your ping in games. And if you are far away from their servers then that will be an issue too.

well my internet speed is 300kb/s which isnt that fast but its the fastest they can give me on the kind of connection i have. i have qwest DSL

Back
Top Bottom