32bit or 64bit... hmmm

E

entity512

Man, im upgrading, origionaly i was gunna get a 2800+ but then i could afford a 3000+ 400MHZ but now im thinking a little into the future..shall i fork out for a 2800+ althon 64?

camers said:
Man, im upgrading, origionaly i was gunna get a 2800+ but then i could afford a 3000+ 400MHZ but now im thinking a little into the future..shall i fork out for a 2800+ althon 64?
64 what ?
I recommend Genuine Intel anyway.Buy what your software demands.
a 2.800 and more attention to the cost of the most important "video and audio costs" Have enough left over for this.Not to mention a good monitor.
:p

Im not an intel man. AMD ATHLON 64/ OR ATLHON XP.

In order for you to take advantage of the 64 bit processor, you are going to need a 64-bit OS and software that will also use all of the 64 bits available.

At least that's the way it works for the Intel Itanium. I am no AMD expert and I don't what kind of smoke they are blowing with the "64" added to their product name.

Just like "3400+", this processor doesn't run at 3.4GHz. So does the "64" actually mean 64-bit processing or that it just "runs as fast" as a 64-bit chip?

I am an Intel and ATI man as well. However, I just brought my wife a new laptop with a AMD-m chip and the nVidia 420 Graphic chip. But that's a laptop and not my gaming system.

AMD can run on 32bit OS's. Runs at twice the speed. Also some linux versions are now 64bit and a 64bit win xp is available on beta.

killerdoberman said:
In order for you to take advantage of the 64 bit processor, you are going to need a 64-bit OS and software that will also use all of the 64 bits available.

At least that's the way it works for the Intel Itanium. I am no AMD expert and I don't what kind of smoke they are blowing with the "64" added to their product name.

Just like "3400+", this processor doesn't run at 3.4GHz. So does the "64" actually mean 64-bit processing or that it just "runs as fast" as a 64-bit chip?

I am an Intel and ATI man as well. However, I just brought my wife a new laptop with a AMD-m chip and the nVidia 420 Graphic chip. But that's a laptop and not my gaming system.
That is a point - I only brought 64-bit because I plan on using my computer for a Longhorn Beta. Otherwise I, also being an Intel person, would have got Intel (the best, naturally).

Its 64 because it is a X84-64 Chip as it keeps 32-bit ability and 64-bit ability as a good go between for the two types before everything is 64-bit. It is 64-bit; and 64-bit isn't speed, its numbers.

I never thought somebody could like Intel and ATi? I've never thought of the two as something somebody would like together? All the people I know will either like Intel and nVidia or AMD and ATi.

Go look at any good Laptop these days.

Intel CPU = ATI video chip

AMD CPU = nVidia video chip

AMD & nVidia have been together for a while now.

proberly because of costs. You cant have nvidia and intel, imagine the costs! Who would wanna buy it?

I had an Intel - nVidia PC before my present one, and would have brought another if the AMD 64 had not been out.

It just sounds right to me.

camers said:
Im not an intel man. AMD ATHLON 64/ OR ATLHON XP.
Good luck then cos AMD is hot stuff.
It can really burn your a**.
Then you'll be posting that ?
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom