32 bit OS RAM limitation.

Vista is the future ,LOL, maybe windows 7. A friend of mine has vista and its a piece of junk, there are so many driver incompatibility's. All i have to say is windows xp 64bit, or windows server 2003, is the way to go for now, wait tell windows 7 comes out, maybe then i'll upgrade.

sorry for my rant, its coming from experience, vista is just not worth it.

i recently upgraded to windows xp pro 64bit due to the limitations of the x86 version. It gave me nothing but trouble, ever since i upgraded to the sli 4gb duel channel memory, that is.

Apparently your friend using old hardware, cuz I have Vista on my laptop, and several members here use Vista as their main OS and it works fine. Vista 64bit is much more compatible with things than XP 64bit is, BTW.

Vista is the future ,LOL, maybe windows 7. A friend of mine has vista and its a piece of junk, there are so many driver incompatibility's. All i have to say is windows xp 64bit, or windows server 2003, is the way to go for now, wait tell windows 7 comes out, maybe then i'll upgrade.

i recently upgraded to windows xp pro 64bit due to the limitations of the x86 version. It gave me nothing but trouble, ever since i upgraded to the sli 4gb duel channel memory, that is.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah whatever. Read thru any topic in the Windows area. I have answered just about every Vista question that has come around from stuff that "doesnt work" to stuff that is "incompatible"...

All bogus. Unless your friend is trying to run it on a machine that cant even run Windows 95 correctly there is no reason for Vista not to work.

STOP blaming the software when it is USER errors causing the issues. Install Vista. Dont install anything else. I will bet you that it will run for months without issues. But the minute you start to mess with it things go wrong. You install a wrong driver, you install software that isnt compatible with Vista, you try to force Vista to use a 5 year old app cause you like it instead of finding a suitable replace that will work.

All of which are not Vista's fault. If the drivers dont work blame the people who WRITE the drivers. Microsoft doesnt.

Yet another person who doesnt know where to place the blame. Things Microsoft writes all the software and drivers that make the machines work.

Oh not this crap again...

Look Vista is a HUGE improvement over XP, not just in style but in security. It might not play nice with older / cheeper hardware but it will work on newer system. It also depends on the specs of the comp it's running on.

An this is coming from a *nix fanboy, all this was said about XP when it first came out.

i guess its a personal opinion when it comes down to a OS, if i had a choice it would of been Linux. Windows xp 64bit runs pretty much all my hardware with out any problems at all, and i have some pretty outdated hardware that i have tested, it works 100%.

ps try running alcohol 120%, its a garenteed crash under vista.

let the wars begin

Ummm. No. Try using the latest version. Here is a whole guide on how to burn a ISO with Alcohol 120 that i took screen shots with in VISTA. :eek:

No crash.

Burning ISO Images with Alcohol 120 - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Sorry but your guarantee just payed me something cause i just proved it wrong. I run it just fine. I have burned at least 200 DVD's with Alcohol 120% in Vista. Sorry but you just shown that running outdated hardware that doesnt have the correct drivers wont work. In which case you are right. Blame the manufacturer's for this. They write the drivers. Not Microsoft.

Just to be even more clear. You need a version from 1.9.5 or newer. They are on 1.9.7 right now. So again as i stated above use the most current versions of the software and not outdated software.

Honestly, at first I had nothing but issues with Vista 32bit, but once I started to find updated drivers from manufactures, and newer software such as Alcohol 120% ver. 1.9.7, I found that I had no more issues. I finaly switched to 64bit the other night though, and started to have issues with Vista addressing more than 4gb of ram... Found out that the 64bit edition needed a small patch to use more than 4gb, got that patch, and haven't had any issues since. Just wish my dial up on vista 64bit would work right... Keeps getting dropped.

Yes which is mentioned adn discussed in the first link of my first post of the thread.

That thread talks of hte addressing issues of 32 Bit OS's and how it cant work with more than 4GB cause of the limited number os addresses it has.

Back
Top Bottom