300w power supply

root said:
I'm not entierl sure about the voltages, what is the new RAM supposed to run on. (look at manuals) it could be that the lower 2.5 just is not adequate, which is a shame that this apears to be your bios default...

Root you posted just ahead of me on that one. But I do believe we are in agreement to that.

root said:
hmmm, well assuming that you have no hardware you simlpy arn't telling us about the power supply should be fine...
infact the consumption is only 255W...
I do however air on the side of caution and agree with Gian that you really should upgrade,
for more info...
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/Power_Supply_Calculator.php?cmd=AMD

I'm not entierl sure about the voltages, what is the new RAM supposed to run on. (look at manuals) it could be that the lower 2.5 just is not adequate, which is a shame that this apears to be your bios default...

Ok maybe you were right.. that it was barely adequate.. but it is best to overdo it like me. I have a 580 watt power supply.

Better safe then sorry.

exactly, I came back from a weekend away t find that the PC I left on all the time was off...

this was around this time last year (my final year of uni).
I had hours of working time lost because I didn't have a good enough PSU and I though the 300W one that came with the case would do fine.

ample power possibilitiy is the best upgrade you'll ever make really, if saves you a headache at a later time...

Back
Top Bottom