3 way SLI or better card?

Haha. I would never buy a PSU from F-CPU. They overcharge for the product and their service. I only buy unique accessories like bay devices from them.

where else are you going to get it sleeved? i guess you could do it yourself, but that takes a lotta practice and you need a heat gun or something like that for the shrink wrap

You do, but once you own the tools, you can do it again anytime without spending 50 dollars just on the service.

You would need:
The sleeving
The Shrink Wrap
The different connectors (if you choose to change them while you have de-pinned the PSU)
A Heat Gun (sold at Harbor Freight) or HairDryer (probably easier to obtain)
Universal de-pinning tool. (F-CPU sells this)
An afternoon alone.
Anti-Depressants :p

They charge alot (190 dollars) for what they call "The Works!" Which I believe doesn't include the Molex/SATA connectors? It only says ATX/EPS 8pin/PCI-E.

you see i was thinking about water cooling but i have never set a water cooling system up on a comp. Secondly this is going to be my first super high end system and would really really love to not mess anything up on this one.

don't forget an OS if you need one.
that should put you pretty close to budget.

oh yeah.... I hate you:D

There's a guide for liquid cooling here. An I7 loop would be fairly easy to setup, but they get expensive. A full board/system loop (especially for a x58C and dual GTX series cards) can get up to about ~800 dollars. A simple loop can be as cheap as 250.

Just get a core 216 and be happy with it.

Then put the money you saved towards other computer parts.

Just get a core 216 and be happy with it.

Then put the money you saved towards other computer parts.

money doesn't seem to be an issue here, it usually is for the rest of us, but not this guy so he's going for a "the best of the best" type system, if I could afford it I would too...

he's just livin' the dream, don't try to wake him up...

Back
Top Bottom