3.5 trs broke off fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
I thought i could just cut another 3.5 trs of a random pair of broken headphones but it does not appear that there is a standard color scheme to the wires. I really have no clue what to attach to what, should i post pics or is their a guide on what is what? I goggled it and it seamed really complicated. Any help is very much appreciated.

Ok well basically all we're using those for is to see which wire connects to which part of the 3.5 pin
Get a few spare wires. Attach one to one of the loose wires and to a battery terminal. Attach another to the other battery terminal and one of the fan wires. Attach ANOTHER wire to the other fan wire and leave the other end loose.
Now. Take that loose wire end at touch the pin. When the fan starts to spin, you'll know which part of the pin the wire is attached to. Repeat this for two of the wires, then obviously the last wire will go to the last bit of the pin you haven't tested yet.

TRS connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that page (down the bottom) tells you which part of the pin is what.

After you've found which wire goes to which part of the pin, just attach them to the headphones. E.g the ground wire will attach to both headphones's ground wires, the other two should be attached one to each headphone. One is right, one is left. easy :)

alright, I will let you know how it goes, man. It might be a couple days before I get to it (my family has a fleet of tdi's that I am helping them work on....oo man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom